Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Challenges

When I arrived in Vancouver, I had to handle a challenge: Finding my homestay family.
As they didn't pick me up from the airport, I took a taxi. I felt very exhausted after the long flight and was happy, sitting in the cab. The taxi driver was a friendly man from India. I had some trouble to understand him, but it was okay; I just said "yes" when he asked something... After a while we arrived on my street, 49th Fraser. Unfortunatelly, the taxi driver didn't find the house. I showed him my documents with the adress, but he had no idea where it was. We were looking for the house while driving very slowly, but we had no chance. Finally, I decided to call my homestay family. My hostmother picked up the phone and explained the right way. We were quite near to it. However, the taxi driver wasn't able to find it.
I'm not sure if I learned something from this situation. You should stay calm and be patient in life, that's important if you want to handle something. It doesn't matter what kind of situation you get in...

No comments: